Reports to the Transportation Manager/ Lead
This position will be responsible for transporting promotional product and hotshot deliveries utilizing a minivan. When there are no promo or hotshot deliveries the employee will work as a driver helper for the transportation department. This position is also expected to transition into a route driver position after successfully demonstrating the correct attitude and aptitude for the position.
The Promotions/Helper Driver position will deliver promotional product within GHRA delivery zones, and ride as a driver helper on other occasion. They will be responsible for efficiently and safely delivering product to our members. They are expected to maintain their company vehicle in proper working condition and maintain a safe driver record. When working as a driver helper they are expected to assist and learn the entire delivery process from the driver.
- Promotions driver/ helper requirements:
- Report to dispatch at required start times.
- Do a pre-trip of van.
- Log into route tablet.
- Check paperwork matches route in tablet and the product.
- Log on duty in tablet.
- Load product in van.
- Arrive and depart each stop at the required times.
- Greet the member, verify it is the correct address, deliver product.
- Have member sign for product and take picture of product in store.
- Notate in tablet any refusals and returns with explanations.
- Complete entire route and inform dispatch if for reason you cannot.
- Upon return to terminal, bring all returns to the RMA specialist.
- Do a post-trip on your unit and inform dispatch of any findings.
- Place your tablet on charger and clock out.
- To transition into a route driver, the employee must learn as an driver helper and demonstrate a sustain history of the following capabilities and knowledge:
- clocking in within the required start times and in proper uniform.
- performing proper pre-trips,
- acquire and maintain the proper license and attain a DOT medical card.
- checking paperwork matches route, including having the correct pallets and cold totes.
- logging into their route tablets, electronic logs books, and connecting to their units.
- departing the yard within the departure time limit.
- following delivery procedures at stops, such as counting tobacco, grocery, and cold totes.
- Arriving and departing from delivery stops in their tablets.
- filling out PODs and taking pictures of PODs with tablet.
- meeting stop time requirement at all stops.
- giving great customer service and relating any problems to dispatch.
- unloading their van/truck upon return to yard.
- completing proper post trip.
- returning empty totes and returns with RMA specialist.
- returning keys, PODs, and placing their tablets on charging stand.
- clocking out within requirement time frame.
- Understand and comply with FMCSA compliance and DOT Policies.
Experience and Skills:
- Valid Class C or higher driver license
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to learn driver technologies such as Maven and Samsara ELD devices.
- May be standing or sitting for extend period of times
- Able to lift/push a minimum of 50 lbs.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. Responsibilities are subject to change.