The Greater Houston Retailers Cooperative Association, Inc. is one of the leading independent convenience store cooperatives in the nation. GHRA provides many benefits and values to its members. GHRA operates a full service warehouse and distribution center supplying goods and services to the convenience store industry.
Delivery Driver- Class A
Reports to Transportation Manager
Responsible for transporting, unloading and staging merchandise at customer locations.
Maintains a high level of customer satisfaction through timely and accurate deliveries. Ensures proper product returns and accurate invoicing. Ensures deliveries are in accordance with the Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.
- Responsible for the transportation of products to customer locations
- Unloads, stages and verifies products properly at customer locations
- Ensures proper documentation of all returns
- Delivers all returned product and empty totes back to the warehouse daily
- Accountable for all assigned company assets
- Truck equipment/inventory
- Service and appearance
- Record retention and maintenance requirements
- Follows all operational and quality control procedures
- Maintains all government requirements
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Experience and Skills:
- 2-3 years driving experience with class A license
- Able to communicate effectively with customers and coworkers
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Excellent verbal communication
- Maintains professional appearance
- Ability to read maps
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Class “A” driver’s license
- Completed Drivers safety classes
- Lifting: Will be required to lift items up to 75 lbs.
- Pushing/Pulling: Pallet jack or dolly-pulling product out of the trailer
- Standing: To operate controls on equipment
- Sitting: Drive from one location to another
- Climbing: Up and down enter/exit truck up to 18in. high and climb ladder, steps and ramps
- Walking: With pallet jack or dolly
- Squatting: To restack items if needed
- Stooping: To adjust dock ramps
Number of Openings: 1
Starting Date: Immediate
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. Responsibilities are subject to change.