Plans, organizes, and monitors all shipping and receiving functions. Responsible for movement and storage of all products received from suppliers. Ensures a smooth and consistent operation so products are located and distributed to proper departments in an effective and efficient manner.
Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in shipping, receiving and stocking of inventory. Verifies all record keeping on incoming and outgoing shipments. Ensures all deliveries are properly input into warehouse management system.
- Prepares bills of lading, checks items to be shipped against orders to verify that quantities and ensures the destination and routing are correct
- Receives and unloads incoming products and compares information on packing slip with purchase order to verify accuracy of shipment
- Processes return shipments from customers
- Sorts, counts, packages, labels, unpacks and/or logs inventory which is shipped or received
- Inspects shipments for damage or defects
- Records discrepancies or damages and notifies supervisor
- Traces lost shipments and/or customer claims of lost shipments
- Maintains department database and completes work orders
- Prepares routine reports and files shipping/receiving records
- Operates dolly, pallet jack and/or forklift in loading and unloading of supplies
- Assists in routine maintenance of equipment and shipping area
- Secures warehouse and sets alarms
- Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives
- Delivers continuous quality improvement on safety
- Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 2-3 year experience in shipping and receiving
- Experienced in working with warehouse management systems
- Ability to communicate clearly with employees, customers, and vendors
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrates strong people skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- May be standing or sitting for extend period of times
- Extended period of time working in front of computer monitor
- Some days of prolonged walking
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. Responsibilities are subject to change.
Monday – Friday
8:30 am to 5:00 pm