The Greater Houston Retailers Cooperative Association, Inc. is one of the leading independent convenience store cooperatives in the nation. GHRA provides many benefits and values to its members. GHRA operates a full service warehouse and distribution center supplying goods and services to the convenience store industry.
Reports to Front End Supervisor
Accurately process sales, validates orders, organizes sales area, covers customer service department, payments for goods/services and provide receipts to customers.
Ensures accurate scanning of all items being purchased. Responsible for handling all payments and transactions correctly. Accountable for accurately balancing cash tray daily.
- Greets and acknowledges each customer
- Processes returns area to “sales area”
- Covers customer service when possible
- Validates all pick-up orders, backfill any OOS
- Train new cashiers
- Ensure all cashiers/checkout area is clean
- Provides answers to product and payment-related queries
- Refers customers to the right person to answer queries and deal with any problems
- Process payments according to company procedure
- Issues receipts for payments received
- Accurately calculates discounts and special offers
- Stays up to date on all promotions and special offers
- Balances sales and receipts according to company procedure
- Maintains accurate records of transactions
- Maybe required to assist in other areas such as shelf stocking, product display, pricing and clean-up
Experience and Skills:
- Must have 1 year of cashier experience
- Ability to complete assigned shifts
- Desire to grow in job, good judgment, adaptability, and organized
- Basic mathematical knowledge, problem solving skills, and communication skills
- Some experience dealing with money preferable
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- May be standing or sitting for extend period of times
- Some days of prolonged walking
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Number of Openings: 1
Starting Date: Immediate
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. Responsibilities are subject to change.