The Greater Houston Retailers Cooperative Association, Inc. is one of the leading independent convenience store cooperatives in the nation. GHRA provides many benefits and values to its members. GHRA operates a full service warehouse and distribution center supplying goods and services to the convenience store industry.
Reports to Receiving Supervisor
Responsible for unloading products from trucks; breakdown pallet and stack (lump) product on pallets and organize products to be placed into appropriate warehouse racks/pick slots. Move or otherwise handle cases, boxes, bags, and/or pallets of dry groceries, frozen foods, dairy products, produce, poultry, fish, beef, pork and/or tobacco products and related products as identified on order forms, in the quantities specified. Unloads all inbound product from 3rd Party Carriers and any returnable inventory on GHRA trucks.
Work with the Receiving Clerk to unload and separate product on all inbound trucks timely manner.
- Being able to do repetitive lifting
- Attention to detail is key in this position
- Ability to work safely in a fast paced & changing environment
- Basic math skills
- Maintains clean and safe work environment
- Verifies accuracy of inbound purchase orders
- Accountably for maintaining pertinent company assets
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 1 year experience in warehouse operations
- Certified on all equipment necessary to perform duties including but not limited to, electric stand-up forklift and double pallet jack- Preferred
- Good communications skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Prolonged walking and standing for 8 continuous hours including but not limited to a concrete or tile surface
- Product replenishing which includes frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, balancing, pushing and pulling
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Number of Openings: 4
Starting Date: Immediate
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities that may be inherent in the job. Responsibilities are subject to change.