The Greater Houston Retailers Cooperative Association, Inc. is one of the leading independent convenience store cooperatives in the nation. GHRA provides many benefits and values to its members. GHRA operates a full-service warehouse and distribution center supplying goods and services to the convenience store industry.
Reports to Tobacco Manager
Accountable for replenishment and upholding the quality and standards of goods in the store.
Responsible for the flow of merchandise from the point of delivery to the sales floor or internal destination. Also responsible for unpacking, processing, organizing, and storing merchandise. Ensures that products are easily accessible, visually appealing, and constantly available.
- Enhances the brand image of both the products and the store, and positively impact the customer experience
- Ensures that all items are stocked and the area is ready for customers to shop
- Ensures that warehouse is clean and safe to shop
- Sorts Tobacco items and assigns them with relevant labels and price tags
- Stacks goods in an organized manner on the store shelves
- Maintains replenishment of products in a timely manner
- Keeps products rotated and maintain product quality
- Ensures perishable goods are stored at the appropriate temperature
- Maintains regular inventory counts.
- Prominently displaying promotional offers
- Reports damages and discrepancies to the supervisor
- Co-coordinating work functions with the sales team and other departments
- Fronting and facing products
Experience and Skills:
- 2-3 years’ experience working with scanners and in a large distribution company
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Ability to effectively manage time, meet targets and work in a team
- In compliance with the food and safety regulations
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prolonged walking and standing for 8 continuous hours including but not limited to a concrete or tile surface
- Product replenishing includes frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, balancing, pushing, and pulling
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Number of Openings: 1
Starting Date: Immediate
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. Responsibilities are subject to change.