The Greater Houston Retailers Cooperative Association, Inc. is one of the leading independent convenience store cooperatives in the Nation. GHRA provides many benefits and values to its Members. GHRA operates a full-service warehouse and distribution center supplying goods and services to the convenience store industry.
Human Resources Assistant
Reports to the Director of Administration
Responsible for providing direct administrative support to the Human Resources function.
- Provide administrative support for offer/termination letters, special reports, background checks, verification of employment; mail distribution; confidential filing; phone coverage, scanning and indexing employee files; processes invoices; and orders supplies.
- Leads recruitment and placement process within organization by posting jobs, establishing recruitment files and preparation of new hire, or recruiting packages; Maintains and updates job tracking report and job files.
- Sources recruiting platforms at a local level through media, newspaper, and various channels.
- Responsible for ADP data entry (hires, transfers, terminations, promotions, etc.); processes personnel actions and related forms; Observe strict deadlines to meet management and payroll time schedules.
- Collects and forwards a variety of supporting document files, systems, and reports to requesting personnel.
- Verifies I-9 documentation and maintains record keeping ensuring I-9 compliance.
- Responds to routine questions or inquiries and refers non-routine items to appropriate management team member for action; Continuous follow up on open items to ensure accuracy and completion.
- Conduct New Hire Orientations for new employees as well as assist with the Benefits Enrollment process for new employees.
- Other duties include supporting HR Management in preparing correspondence and reports, maintaining calendar and appointment schedules, coordinating meetings including scheduling, reservations, travel arrangements and presentation materials, preparing expense reports, coding invoices for payment and other clerical duties.
- Will assist with various HR projects and miscellaneous duties as assigned. Responsible for the timely and accurate reporting and payment of all Federal, State and Local business taxes, licensing requirements, and/or, but not limited to new hire reporting ensuing full compliance will all applicable laws and regulations.
- Fully adhere to GHRA’s policies, procedures, and work directives; Maintain strict confidentiality of pay and personnel information.
- Resolve internal/external customer issues in a prompt and professional manner.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, managers, clients, and other parties as related to the GHRA’s services and overall business; Communicates effectively with all levels of management
- Perform all duties as assigned to meet business needs in a safe, ethical, and professional manner.
- Administers health and welfare plans, including enrollments, changes, and terminations. Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions.
- Reconciles benefits statements, maintains communication with benefits broker with invoice modifications as needed.
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
Experience and Skills:
- Must have strong project management skills and be detailed oriented; Ability to balance the workload to accommodate demands of the job.
- Able to communicate and respond to questions in a professional and knowledgeable manner ensuring business outcomes; assertive problem-solver and action-oriented team player. Must have a relentlessly positive, flexible, do-whatever-it-takes attitude; must be fast on your feet, poised under pressure, and committed to internal / external customer service.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Business Administration / Human Resources.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel and other job-related software/e-technology/cloud-based solutions.
- Requires little physical effort.
- Requires the employee to stand, walk, use hands, tools, controls, reach with arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; sit; use hands; read; talk or hear.
- Some travel may be required.
Number of Openings: 1
Starting Date: Immediate
Interested applicants are request to submit their resume to Careers@ghraonline.com.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities that may be inherent in the job. Responsibilities are subject to change.