Reports to Floor Supervisor
Accountable for the fluid movement of pallets and products received in a safe and accurate manner.
Responsible for operating a forklift to move, locate, relocate, stack, and count merchandise. Accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the vehicle and may also be required to perform Order Filler and Checker duties.
- Unloads inbound shipments safely
- Moves product to storage locations
- Efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate areas
- Ensures inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage
- Pulls and prepares product for shipment, ensuring that the exact number and type of product is loaded and shipped
- Loads, unloads, moves, stacks, and stages product and materials using a forklift
- Maintains the facility’s equipment and materials in a neat, clean, and orderly fashion
- Inspects and performs minor maintenance on the forklift or other equipment
- Operates all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods
- Keeps appropriate records and reports to guarantee that tight inventory controls and security is maintained
- Assists in physical inventories and ensures proper stock rotation
- Maintains a clean, neat, and orderly work area
- Complies with OSHA and MSDS Standards
- Maintains certification on all necessary equipment
Experience and Skills:
- 2-3 years forklift experience
- Basic math skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Prolonged walking and standing for 8 continuous hours including but not limited to a concrete or tile surface
- Product replenishing which includes frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, balancing, pushing and pulling
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Number of Openings: 1
Starting Date: Immediate
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. Responsibilities are subject to change.