The Greater Houston Retailers Cooperative Association, Inc. is one of the leading independent convenience store cooperatives in the nation. GHRA provides many benefits and values to its members. GHRA operates a full-service warehouse and distribution center supplying goods and services to the convenience store industry.
Reports to Procurement and Marketing Manager
The Planogram Specialist position will develop and maintain planograms across all product categories for use by GHRA member stores using computerized space planning software to maximize overall space to sales.
This role will provide our members with a critical tool to maximize sales and profit through offering the optimal product mix, as determined by category managers. The Planogram Specialist will participate in annual category reviews with the category managers by providing analytical insights and supporting merchandising standards. This role will also be responsible for the publication of the planograms to the category managers and members. Long term, the Planogram Specialist will partner with the Sales Manager to address store-specific needs.
- Communicate and work directly with the category managers and suppliers to create and maintain planograms for all product categories
- Utilize computerized space planning software, according to merchandising and planogram standards
- Efficiently optimize sales performance
- Provide Category Review data from pertinent sources
- Maintain communication with all category managers to stay on track according to the planogram refresh calendar
- Manage planogram calendar, monitor project progress, resolve issues to ensure deadlines are met
- Manage and optimize the replacement and discontinued item process
- Perform additional tasks as required
Experience and Skills:
- 2+ years of computerized space planning software (JDA, Apollo, etc) experience preferred
- Solid understanding of retail (c-store or grocery) product placement and store execution
- 1+ year(s) of Microsoft Office, including advanced Excel experience required
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail while working in a very fast-paced environment
- Good communications skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Open to change as business demands require
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- May be standing or sitting for extended period of times
- Occasional light travel
- An extended period of time working in front of computer monitor
Number of Openings: 1
Starting Date: Immediate
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. Responsibilities are subject to change.