The Greater Houston Retailers Cooperative Association, Inc. is one of the leading independent convenience store cooperatives in the Nation. GHRA provides many benefits and values to its members. GHRA operates a full service warehouse and distribution center supplying goods and services to the convenience store industry
IT Customer Service Representative
Reports to the System Administrator
Supports all users of any system which interfaces with IT, whether directly or indirectly. Maintains information technology strategies while making sure all implementations are up to the company standards and maintain company policies.
Responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, or software. Responds to queries, runs diagnostic programs, isolates problem, and determines and implements solution. Process all requests to the IT Department and resolve or route to the appropriate parties.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Respond to queries either in person or over the phone.
- Write training manuals.
- Train computer users.
- Maintain daily performance of computer systems.
- Respond to email messages for customers seeking help.
- Ask questions to determine nature of problem.
- Walk customer through problem-solving process.
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
- Clean up computers.
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems.
- Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems.
- Install computer peripherals for users.
- Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved.
- Gain feedback from customers about computer usage.
- Act as liaison between the Development Team and End-users, gathering needs, bugs and issues and delivering updates and changes to the users.
- Gather information and report to Systems & Development unmet user needs.
- Run reports to determine malfunctions that continue to occur.
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Performs other duties as assigned
Experience and Skills:
- Must have a strong dedication to customer service
- Training ability/experience a plus
- Analyze situations, evaluate alternatives, and implement solutions within standards (where applicable)
- Interpret guidelines and analyze factual information to adapt or modify processes in response to changing circumstances
- Duties may require non-routine analysis, research and follow-through
- May act as a resource to others to solve problems
- Exercise independent judgment. Work affords significant opportunity to act independently on assigned tasks
- Consistently demonstrate professional, positive, and approachable attitude/demeanor and discretion. Demonstrate sensitivity in handling confidential information
- Duties are performed under minimal supervision
- Training on custom internal software systems will be provided.
- Bachelor’s degree and 6 months to 2 years related experience or equivalent combination
- Professional certifications as appropriate
- Experience with standard software applications, including MS Office, Windows.
- Work requires ability to lift 30 to 50 pounds on a regular basis. Work may require moderate physical exertion and/or physical strain
- Ability to work under stress during peak workload periods
- Work environment involves only infrequent exposure to disagreeable elements
Number of Openings: 1
Starting Date: Immediate
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. Responsibilities are subject to change.