GHRA Warehouse & Distribution Center is seeking a proven leader with relevant experience and skills to join our team of operations professionals to lead our night shift operations, to include, but not limited to, truck loading, order selection, product merging, inventory validation, pallet prep, and administration of good housekeeping practices. We are seeking a candidate to provide leadership at a 140 thousand square foot warehouse. Successful candidate will have a strong warehouse management background with a variety of roles over 10+ years. Must have a working understanding of WMS.
- Lead a culture of safety through personal example.
- Develop, execute, and assess continuous improvement plans to reduce accident and injury frequency.
- Ensure each associate understands their individual role and responsibilities, as well as the group’s role and responsibilities required to achieve and maintain a safe workplace.
- Proactively identify and correct unsafe conditions, work processes, and behaviors.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies and company policies and procedures.
- Coach through safety observations.
- Establish and sustain that all supervisors and associates are trained and competent and understand how their work relates to the customers’ business objectives.
- Establish and sustain that we recruit, hire, train, develop and retain quality associates.
- Establish and sustain effective, two-way communication that informs and motivates as well as recognizes excellence among team members.
- Establish and sustain strong and effective relationships with associates and supporting departments.
- Meet or exceed all customer key performance metrics and objectives.
- Interact daily with associates to ensure existing and emerging customer needs are understood.
- Lead team to identify operational improvements in areas such as inventory accuracy and warehouse operations.
- Seek and share best practices, leverage resources/assets, etc.
- Lead the operation with integrity to meet or exceed the Business Plan targets.
- Identify issues with the operating metrics and make required adjustments in a timely manner.
- Ensure associate weekly timecards are prepared timely and accurately.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and challenge the status quo.
- Execute a process to track and record value delivered to the customer.
- Utilize available metrics to monitor and maximize customer efficiencies and achieve cost. savings
- 10+ years managerial or supervisory experience with supervising warehouse associates in a distribution center setting required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Supply Chain Management required.
- Proficiency with computers including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint required.
- Must have ability to connect and build rapport and relationships with associates and management at all levels.
- Must have ability to work efficiently with time management and organizational skills with follow-up and follow through.
- Ability to manage through a problem and think and make decisions independently
- Ability to drive process improvement and lead change.
- Must demonstrate ownership & responsibility for running the operation with a sense of urgency.
- Strong written/oral communication skills, including the ability to present in front of others and demonstrate active listening skills are required.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. Responsibilities are subject to change.