The Greater Houston Retailers Cooperative Association, Inc. is one of the leading independent convenience store cooperatives in the Nation. GHRA provides many benefits and values to its members. GHRA operates a full-service warehouse and distribution center supplying goods and services to the convenience store industry.
VP of Warehouse and Distribution
The Training Manager will identify and monitor training needs in the organization, and design, plan, and implement training programs, policies, and procedures to fulfill those needs. Develop and implement training and learning programs to optimize comprehension, career pathing opportunities and team experience.
- Develop overarching learning and training strategy and program for Operations Teams
- Reviews existing training programs suggests enhancements and modifications to improve engagement, learning, and retention and/or to meet the changing needs of clientele, the organization, or the industry.
- Ensures that training materials and programs are current, accurate, and effective.
- Develops skill comprehension testing that provides insight into program effectiveness as well as opportunities for additional targeted learning programs
- Maintains knowledge of new methods and techniques for training, and training requirements applicable to the organization and/or industry.
- Lead and critique trainers and facilitators to maintain and improve techniques and experience
- Build content and facilitators guides that will outline programs, expectations, areas of concentration so that the overall training programs can be conducted with a high degree of consistency and effectiveness
- Conducts or facilitates required and recommended training sessions.
- Conduct on-site and virtual training with the same degree of effectiveness regardless of platform
- Collaborates with vendors and third-party training providers to arrange employee registration for and participation in outside training programs.
- Ability to gage involvement, participation, comprehension and address and work with team member(s) as needed in a positive but effective manner
- Provide constructive feedback to all applicable leaders
- Ensures that training milestones and goals are met while adhering to approved training budget.
- Prepares and implements training budget.
- Other assignments as needed
Education and Experience:
- 4-year College Degree in education, business, communications, or related required field.
- At least five years of experience in training with three plus years of management experience required.
- Leadership experience in leading leaders as well as front-line teams
- Oversees the daily activities of training associates and consultants.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Complete understanding of Adult Learning Theory and ability to apply organizationally
- Content Development geared towards adult learning and comprehension
- Excellent presentation, verbal, and written skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong graphic design ability.
- Thorough understanding of training processes.
- Ability to moderate large groups.
- Extremely organized and detail oriented.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Constantly looking for ways to improve processes
- Adjusts quickly and efficiently to changes in work goals
- Enables an environment that embraces creativity and innovation
- Builds relationships and motivates team to share ideas openly
- Shares best practices inside and outside of the Core Team
- Demonstrates a sense of personal urgency and energy to achieving results
- Helps others map out actions and plans needed to implement a strategy
- Helps the organization strengthen the processes to deliver speed, quality, and responsiveness to the customer
- Frequently required to stand, walk, or sit
- Continually required to talk or hear and use visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information and use a keyboard
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions
- Occasionally exposed to extreme heat or cold (non-weather)
- Occasionally exposed to loud noise (examples: forklifts, large trucks)
- Available afternoons, evenings, and weekends
Number of Openings: 1
Starting Date: Immediate
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. Responsibilities are subject to change.