The Greater Houston Retailers Cooperative Association, Inc. is one of the leading independent convenience store cooperatives in the Nation. GHRA provides many benefits and values to its members. GHRA operates a full-service warehouse and distribution center supplying goods and services to the convenience store industry.
Senior Warehouse Operations Manager
Reporting to the Sr Warehouse Operations Manager, the Tobacco Manager is responsible for managing the tobacco stamping operations as well as the stocking of the tobacco shelves in the Cash-n-Carry area in a safe and efficient manner. In addition, this position manages receiving activities for inbound tobacco products.
- Monitor employee performance and take necessary steps to ensure the daily plan is achievable and met by the Tobacco Team.
- Responsible for tobacco stamping, storage, inventory, and stocking.
- Continuously evaluate procedures, staff performance, and make changes to improve efficiencies. Counsel, record, and coach, as necessary.
- Interview select and train Supervisor, stamp processing operators and stockers to maintain a staffing level necessary to run the shift efficiently and effectively.
- Ensure compliance with all Company safety and selection procedures.
- Continuously train and promote safe operation of all material handling equipment.
- Effectively communicate with associates to ensure safety, organization, and cleanliness of the Tobacco area of the Warehouse.
- Maintain and present production and service metrics performance reports to the associates and to upper management.
- Manage the maintenance and upkeep of the facility through adoption, implementation, and utilization of 5S.
- Partner and establish strong working relationships with the tobacco Buyer and the tobacco category manager to support efficient Operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- 4-year College Degree in education, business, communications, or related required field.
- 3 + years of warehouse operations experience as well as progressive hands-on supervisory/management experience required
- Previous experience in a Tobacco Distribution Center environment is preferred. (Tobacco is highly regulated so understanding of the State Laws regulating the industry is preferred).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software; strong focus on Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Knowledgeable of OSHA Standards and regulations
- WMS experience required
- WMS experience required (Manhattan experience is desirable)
- Experience using product selecting applications preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willing to work varying schedules to learn and support the various Warehouse Operations shifts
- Constantly looking for ways to improve processes
- Adjusts quickly and efficiently to changes in work goals
- Enables an environment that embraces creativity and innovation
- Builds relationships and motivates team to share ideas openly
- Shares best practices inside and outside of the Core Team
- Demonstrates a sense of personal urgency and energy to achieving results
- Helps others map out actions and plans needed to implement a strategy
- Helps the organization strengthen the processes to deliver speed, quality, and responsiveness to the customer
- Frequently required to stand, walk, or sit
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Continually required to talk or hear and use visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information and use a keyboard
- Frequently required to lift/push/carry items up to fifty pounds
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions
- Occasionally exposed to extreme heat or cold (non-weather)
- Frequently exposed to loud noise (examples: forklifts, large trucks)
- Specialized equipment, machines, or vehicles used: battery powered pallet jacks, batter powered lift trucks, hand trucks, & lift-gates
- Available afternoons, evenings, and weekends
Number of Openings: 1
Starting Date: Immediate
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. Responsibilities are subject to change.