The Greater Houston Retailers Cooperative Association, Inc. is one of the leading independent convenience store cooperatives in the nation. GHRA provides many benefits and values to its members. GHRA operates a full-service warehouse and distribution center supplying goods and services to the convenience store industry.
Reports to Tobacco Manager
The Tobacco Lead will work hand in hand with the Tobacco Manager to ensure GHRA Warehouse and distribution members are always served with excellent customer service, with least out of stocks and the best shopping experience.
This position will be responsible for maintaining guidance and support of employees within the department. This position is also responsible for providing reports such as employee schedules, assigned breaks, receiving product, participation in tobacco inventory, and distributing the workload of the associates.
Tobacco Lead is responsible for all tobacco items received and ready to be stocked in a timely manner. Uses a scanner for product movement and uses equipment in a safe manner. Manage all the returns and keep logs.
- Maintain current on all training items to meet company policies.
- Accountably for all items received correctly and in excellent quality.
- Operates all equipment in a safe manner.
- Report any inconsistencies to the tobacco manager.
- Manage all the customer returns, single can returns, damage return, special returns, & product recall etc.
- Record retention followed and maintained.
- Maintain stock level of 99%
- Schedules associates for work as needed to ensure coverage and minimize overtime.
- Pickup all Return Tobacco from Customer Service every day and verify all the returned tobacco from the System.
- Shipping all returned product back to current vendors/suppliers.
- Ensure that all items are stocked, and area is ready for customers to shop.
- Ensure that Tobacco area of the warehouse is always clean and ready to open on time.
- Ensures that all items are received in a timely manner.
Experience and Skills:
- Has control over the work area.
- Ensures work is done safely.
- Ensures company assets are not misused or taken.
- Strong work ethic.
- Time Management.
- On time to start work and completes shifts.
- Organized and plans tasks well.
- Microsoft Excel/Word/PowerPoint working knowledge
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Basic Mathematical knowledge
- 2-3 years’ experience in a fast-paced distribution center
- Computer skills
- May be standing or sitting for extend period of times.
- Utilize our current WMS system and excel to check inventory levels and status of inbound product.
- May be required to speak on the phone and respond e-mails
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Communicate with other employees throughout the day.
Number of Openings: 1
Starting Date: Immediate
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. Responsibilities are subject to change.