The Greater Houston Retailers Cooperative Association, Inc. is one of the leading independent convenience store cooperatives in the nation. GHRA provides many benefits and values to its members. GHRA operates a full service warehouse and distribution center supplying goods and services to the convenience store industry.
Reports to Tobacco Supervisor
Tobacco Clerk is accountable for all tobacco items received in for inventory accountability. Items received within date and in good condition.
Tobacco clerk is responsible for all tobacco items received and ready to be stocked in a timely manner. Uses a scanner for product movement and uses equipment in a safe manner. Meets standard for receiving items in a timely manner.
- Maintain current on all training items to meet company policies.
- Accountably for all items received correctly and in good quality. Operates all equipment in a safe a manner.
- Report any inconsistencies to the Receiving Supervisor at once.
- Record retention followed and maintained.
- Stock level at 98% at all times
- Schedules crews for work as needed to ensure coverage and no overtime.
Experience and Skills:
- Has control over work areas.
- Ensures work is done safely.
- Ensures company assets are not miss-used, or taken.
- Strong work ethic.
- Time Management.
- On time to start work and completes shifts.
- Organized and plans tasks well.
- Ensure that all items are stocked and area is ready for customers to shop.
- Ensure that warehouse is clean and ready to open on time.
- Ensures that all items are received in a timely manner.
- 2-3 years’ experience in a fast pace distribution center
- Computer skills
- May be standing or setting for extend period of times.
- Computer work for checking inventory levels and status of inbound product.
- Inventory is correct and acute at all times.
- May be required to speak on the phone.
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs.
- Communications with other employees throughout the day.
Number of Openings: 1
Starting Date: Immediate
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. Responsibilities are subject to change.