The Greater Houston Retailers Cooperative Association, Inc. is one of the leading independent convenience store cooperatives in the nation. GHRA provides many benefits and values to its members. GHRA operates a full-service warehouse and distribution center supplying goods and services to the convenience store industry.
MEMBER SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Field-Based Position)
Reports to the Member Services Supervisor
The Member Services Representative is responsible for increasing and driving GHRA’s footprint in the convenience store industry, enhancing members’ sales & profitability, executing marketing strategies, and monitoring compliance-based programs through assigned accounts in a specified geographical area. Additionally, the position will be responsible for building strong customer relationships, responding to customer needs, and developing profitable new business The Member Services Representative is responsible for increasing and driving GHRA’s footprint in the convenience store industry, enhancing members sales & profitability, executing marketing strategies, and monitoring compliance-based programs through assigned accounts in a specified geographical area. Additionally, the position will be responsible for building strong customer relationships, responding to customer needs, and developing profitable new business opportunities.
The Member Services Representative is responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction, quality of product and services, and providing members with business solutions. You will advise our members and assist with communicating and collaborating with distributors, vendors, and manufacturers on how to partner more effectively and improve profitability for all parties. Understand & evaluate our member’s strengths, weaknesses, financials, technology, initiatives, opportunities, and limitations within their defined territory. Achieve or exceed sales targets and key performance indicators. Representatives will monitor our member’s outlets on a monthly basis and take appropriate action to keep customers within terms of agreed upon contracts/programs. Member service representatives will make data-driven recommendations on item selection, rebate potential, plan-o-grams, programs, and promotional planning or distribution guidelines consistent with our stock and GHRA programs.
- Achieve and/or exceed strategic sales growth metrics
- Responsible for strategically planned sales calls with retail customers
- Communicate on an agreed upon frequency with members through phone calls, e-mail, letters, and onsite meetings
- Ensure GHRA stores execute promotional activity and merchandising requirements per GHRA Corporate and Warehouse retail agreements
- Execute required surveys accurately & efficiently
- Coordinate store re-merchandising with Reset Team, Vendors and GHRA Members
- Meet with members to consult on category insights, data analytics, and all GHRA’s business solutions
- A primary focus will be consulting with our members ensuring we are providing all the program services and value promised
- Sell GHRA new business concepts in assigned accounts that include Direct-Store-Delivery, Technology, Beverage, Food service solutions, and all GHRA products & sales initiatives
- Inspecting and ensuring all the member requirements are being satisfied for GHRA programs and agreed upon merchandising planograms
- Review item selections versus the industry/market/competition and utilize suggestive selling techniques for data-driven recommendations
- Implement new business concepts at the direction of the Member Services Manager and GHRA
- Ensure that GHRA merchandise is labeled, fronted, priced, stocked, and rotated appropriately
- Advising members of inactive, OOS, discontinued, and/or replacements items while also monitoring plus-outs and promotional products
- This individual should possess strong organizational skills, time management, and most importantly sales consulting & solution-based selling skills
- This position has additional duties; special projects may be assigned
- 21+ years of age.
- 2+ years of sales and/or customer service experience in convenience store/CPG industries
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Flexible schedule; able to travel as required.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Candidates must pass a background check, drug screen and other job requirements.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Good communications skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- High school diploma or GED, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- May be driving, standing, or sitting for extend period of time
- Able to lift, carry, and lower totes weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Occasional light travel
- Extended period of time working in front of computer monitor
- Some days of prolonged walking
Generous benefits such as medical, dental, and vision insurance begin on your 60th day.
Industry-leading 401(k) with up to 3% company match starts on your 60th day.
Paid holidays, vacation time, educational assistance/training programs, and more!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Number of Openings: 3
Baytown Territory (1)
Cleveland Territory (1)
Galveston Territory (1)
Starting Date: Immediate
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. Responsibilities are subject to change.