The Greater Houston Retailers Cooperative Association, Inc. is one of the leading independent convenience store cooperatives in the nation. GHRA provides many benefits and values to its members. GHRA operates a full-service warehouse and distribution center supplying goods and services to the convenience store industry.
Reports to the GHRA Warehouse Accountant
Performs a range of general clerical, accounting, and bookkeeping support functions in an organization.
General accounts receivable functions:
- Prepare and submit customer invoices.
- Code, post, and receipt payments.
- Maintains and updates customer files, including name or address changes, mergers, or mailing attentions.
- Prepare and coordinate deposit activities.
- Perform all necessary account, bank, and other reconciliations.
- Monitor customer accounts for nonpayment and delayed payment.
- Drafts correspondence for standard past-due accounts and collections, identifies delinquent accounts by reviewing files, and contacts delinquent account holders to request payment.
General accounts payable functions:
- Check verify and process vendor invoices.
- Prepare payments for signature.
- Sort, code and enter accounts payable data.
- Analyze discrepancies and unpaid invoices.
- Maintain vendor files.
General support functions:
- Update, verify and maintain accounting journals and ledgers and other financial records.
- Assist in month end reporting procedures.
- Find and use accounting data to resolve accounting problems and discrepancies
- Track and audit petty cash.
- Perform filing and general administrative tasks.
- Liaise with other departments/customers/vendors.
- Copies, files, and retrieves materials for accounts receivable & accounts payable as needed.
- Interacts with clients by answering questions and research discrepancies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good spreadsheet skills
- Excellent Organizational, Verbal and Written communication skills
- 1+ years’ experience in clerical accounting.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Associate degree in business or accounting an advantage.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, and QuickBooks.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time.
Number of Openings: 1
Starting Date: Immediate
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. Responsibilities are subject to change.