The Receiving Supervisor role is responsible for supervising and managing all warehouse operations during the assigned shift using efficient and safe warehouse processes through the supervision of warehouse team members. Must adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices and Quality standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with all Company Safety policies and standards, ensuring proper attire and PPE are worn. Responsible for enforcing all company policies, regulations and holding regular safety meetings to communicate safety awareness and policies.
- Staff, train, evaluate and develop team members.
- Manage warehouse efficiencies and key performance indicators.
- Manage within labor and OPEX budget.
- Monitors the warehouse operation, makes routine process checks, adjusting schedules or work practices to maintain standard operating procedures.
- Ensures equipment in the area assigned is in working order and that working conditions are always safe.
- Maintain staff levels to support all inbound/outbound loads while supporting the manufacturing needs to address volume.
- Review daily product disposition reports.
- Review/Report control failures to Shipping & Receiving Manager for immediate course correction.
- Foster/Maintain open communication with employees, and internal customers.
- Report any short-dated product to the Shipping & Receiving Manager.
- Review Day Supply reports for out-of-stock risks and communicate to Procurement and Shipping & Receiving Manager.
- Actively drive Good Manufacturing practices that meet company standards, support/implement 5S and perform schedule work area audits.
- Complete daily reporting responsibilities.
- Maintain and timely post daily reports.
- Flex work schedule to meet the business demands.
- Monitor and manage all Process Improvement Team programs, ensuring compliance, productivity, and maintenance scheduling.
- Collaborates with other departments (e.g., HSE, Inventory, Human Resources, Operations, etc.) to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution. Consults with other functions as needed to resolve difficult issues.
- Participation in project work and initiatives as assigned.
- Responsible for ensuring accountability and discipline within department.
- Drive and oversee corresponding root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- Coordinate/assess required training and team building (i.e., forklift, training, etc.).
- Coordinate new colleague orientation.
- Track, monitor and implement required improvement activities related to goals, issues, etc.
- Oversee the activities of the warehouse and coordinate shipping docks.
- Assure all inventory control procedures are strictly adhered to.
- Complete individual work team performance reviews and provide mentoring, coaching and development for colleagues.
- Coordinate the movement of all materials to include product wrapping, truck unloading, truck loading, Thermobox loading and securing.
- A Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, engineering, logistics, or related field required.
- Two to five years’ experience in shipping/receiving and/or warehouse management.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven leadership ability and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
- Root cause/problem-solving ability.
- Familiar with Just-In-Time concept.
- Experience in using standing lift trucks, riding pallet jacks, walking pallet jacks, etc., required.
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills required.
- Must be proficient in all MS Office applications.
Reports directly to the Shipping & Receiving Manager. Interfaces on a frequent basis with Operations, Transportation, and Inventory Management. Also interfaces on an as needed basis with HR, Finance, Facilities Maintenance, and Inventory along with peers, suppliers, and customers.
- Provides direct leadership and supervises hourly shipping and/or receiving colleagues.
- Ability to identify, select, train and coach materials talent.
- Provides model behavior to demonstrate corporate values.
- Constantly looking for ways to improve processes
- Adjusts quickly and efficiently to changes in work goals
- Enables an environment that embraces creativity and innovation
- Builds relationships and motivates team to share ideas openly
- Shares best practices inside and outside of the Core Team
- Demonstrates a sense of personal urgency and energy to achieving results
- Helps others map out actions and plans needed to implement a strategy
- Helps the organization strengthen the processes to deliver speed, quality and responsiveness to the customer
Physical and Environmental Requirements
- Frequently required to stand, walk, or sit
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Continually required to talk or hear and use visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information and use a keyboard
- Frequently required to lift/push/carry items up to fifty pounds
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions
- Occasionally exposed to extreme heat or cold (non-weather)
- Frequently exposed to loud noise (examples: forklifts, large trucks)
- Specialized equipment, machines, or vehicles used: battery powered pallet jacks, batter powered lift trucks, hand trucks, & lift-gates
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. Responsibilities are subject to change.
7:00 am to 4:00 pm – Monday through Friday with occasional Saturdays.
Hours are subject to change.