The Greater Houston Retailers Cooperative Association, Inc. is one of the leading independent convenience store cooperatives in the nation. GHRA provides many benefits and values to its members. GHRA operates a full service warehouse and distribution center supplying goods and services to the convenience store industry.
Reports to Receiving Supervisor
Plans, organizes, and monitors all shipping and receiving functions. Responsible for movement and storage of all products received from suppliers. Ensures a smooth and consistent operation so products are located and distributed to proper departments in an effective and efficient manner.
Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in shipping and receiving. Verifies all record keeping on incoming and outgoing shipments. Ensures all deliveries are properly input into warehouse management system.
- Prepares bills of lading, checks items to be shipped against orders to verify that quantities and ensures the destination and routing are correct
- Receives and unloads incoming products (as needed)
- Compares information on packing slip with purchase order to verify accuracy of shipment
- Sorts, counts, packages, labels, unpacks and/or logs inventory which is shipped or received
- Inspects shipments for damage or defects
- Records discrepancies or damages and notifies supervisor
- Traces lost shipments and/or customer claims of lost shipments
- Maintains department database and completes work orders
- Prepares routine reports and files shipping/receiving records
- Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives
- Partners with Buying team and accounting on any vendor discrepancies
- Schedules all inbound and outbound freight.
- Secures warehouse and sets alarms
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 2-3 year experience in shipping and receiving
- Experienced in working with warehouse management systems
- Ability to communicate clearly with employees, customers, and vendors
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrates strong people skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- May be standing or sitting for extend period of times
- Extended period of time working in front of computer monitor
- Some days of prolonged walking
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Number of Openings: 1
Starting Date: Immediate
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. Responsibilities are subject to change.