Reports to General Manager. Plans, organizes, and monitors all pulling functions. Ensures a smooth and consistent operation so all orders are fulfilled with accuracy and in a timely manner. Communicates out of product situations to the floor manager so to be rectified right away.
Supervises and coordinates workers engaged in pulling both from pickup and delivery. Verifies all orders are pulled accurately. Ensures all product procedures including FIFO and date codes are followed.
- Responsible for coaching, training and performance management of all pullers
- Manages, communicates and rectifies out of product situations
- Directs proper handling of products utilizing totes and pallets
- Oversees team’s activities to insure accuracy, completeness, and condition of orders
- Processes incoming and outgoing waste documentation
- Maintains proper staffing levels, interviews, hires and trains employees
- Plans, assigns and directs work. Appraises performance and rewards or disciplines employees
- Provides hands on assistance to workers in pulling activities as needed
- Ensures a safe and clean work place and enforces safety, health, and security rules
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the policies and applicable laws
- Recommends and executes continues process improvements
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of one year of experience in shipping and receiving management
- Experienced in working with warehouse management systems
- Ability to communicate clearly with employees, customers, and vendors
- Excellent analytical, planning and organization skills
- Good communications skills
- Demonstrates strong people leadership abilities
- High School Diploma or equivalent, bachelor’s degree preferred
- May be standing or sitting for extend period of times
- Extended period of time working in front of computer monitor
- Some days of prolonged walking
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. Responsibilities are subject to change.