Reports to Director of Procurement
The Procurement Assistant position will support the Supply Planners with all procurement-related tasks such as managing purchase orders, monitoring inventory, managing promotional related activities, and providing administrative support.
In this role, you will ensure GHRA is providing the best-in-class consumer experience by managing vendor purchasing, optimizing inbound flows, and maintaining healthy inventory levels through data-driven analysis and decision making, and building relationships with our vendors, and internal cross-functional teams.
- Provide support to the Procurement Department.
- Issue purchase orders to suppliers, distributors, and manufacturers
- Tracking orders to ensure timely delivery, assisting in updating order status and maintaining reports.
- Update internal databases with order details (dates, vendors, quantities, discounts)
- Work with accounting to resolve supplier invoicing discrepancies.
- Contact suppliers to resolve missed deliveries, short shipments.
- Liaise with warehouse staff to ensure all products arrive in good condition.
- Work closely with relevant departments to ensure products purchased are in line with the needs of the company.
- Communicate with suppliers related to procurement, shipment schedule, and claims.
- Maintains purchasing documents, files, and records for the purpose of ensuring the availability of documentation and compliance with established policies and regulatory guidelines.
- Managing promotional activities, including supplier billbacks.
- Researching potential vendors.
- Other duties assigned as needed.
Procurement Assistant responsibilities and preferred requirements include, but are not limited to:
• Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools, and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
• Knowledge of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company’s business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
ERP System Knowledge
• Experience with SAP, Oracle, or any other ERP system; PowerBI, or any additional tools a plus.
Experience and Skills:
- 2+ years in a supporting Procurement or Purchasing role preferred.
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize work to meet required timelines.
- Ability to effectively operate both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong written, verbal, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- High school diploma, G.E.D., or continuing high school studies plus 2+ years’ experience or training in procurement.
- May be standing or sitting for extend period of times.
- Extended period of time working in front of computer monitor
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. Responsibilities are subject to change.