The Greater Houston Retailers Cooperative Association, Inc. is one of the leading independent convenience store cooperatives in the Nation. GHRA provides many benefits and values to its members. GHRA operates a full-service warehouse and distribution center supplying goods and services to the convenience store industry
Junior Systems Admin
Reports to the Systems Administrator
Maintains information technology systems, researching, implementation of system and end user support with excellent customer service skills.
Support the System Administrator in design, planning and implementation of projects related to the server-side and client-side environments. Provides technical support that includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and equipment ensuring optimal workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end user training and assistance where required.
- Provide end user support on hardware and software.
- Maintain and update the IT support ticketing system. Respond to support requests, resolve, and assign tickets in a timely manner.
- Assist System Administrator with implementation and deployment of IT project, and hardware installations.
- Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring PC performance.
- Document hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Knowledge of the latest hardware, equipment contracts and supervise contract-based installations.
- Recommend, perform equipment improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Liaise with, and provide training and support to, end users and staff on computer operation and other issues.
- Where required, install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot associated end user workstation software and networking software products.
- Analyze PC problems for a variety of end users, diagnose, fix, and provide training if necessary.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding PC and/or hardware problems.
- Responsible for local inventory maintenance and software license management
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Provide support for company functions
- Performs other duties as assigned
Experience and Skills:
- Strong dedication to customer service
- Training ability/experience a plus
- Interpret guidelines and analyze information to adapt or modify processes in response to changing circumstances
- Non-routine analysis, research, and follow-ups
- A resource to others to solve problems
- Capable of working with minimal supervision and Exercise independent judgment.
- Demonstrate professional, positive, approachable, and discretion.
- Demonstrate sensitivity in handling confidential information
Must be proficient in the installation, management, and troubleshooting of the following technologies:
|Windows 8||Dell Hardware|
|Windows 10||Software Installation/Upgrades|
- Bachelor’s degree and 1 to 3 years related experience or equivalent combination
- Professional certifications as appropriate
- Knowledge of current trends in the specific field
- Experience with standard software applications, including MS Office, Windows. May require database management skills with ability to produce reports. Ability to manipulate, analyze and interpret data
- Work requires ability to lift 30 to 50 pounds on a regular basis. Work may require moderate physical exertion and/or physical strain
- Ability to work under stress during peak workload periods
- Work environment involves only infrequent exposure to disagreeable elements
Number of Openings: 1
Starting Date: Immediate
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. Responsibilities are subject to change.