The Greater Houston Retailers Cooperative Association, Inc. is one of the leading independent convenience store cooperatives in the Nation. GHRA provides many benefits and values to its members. GHRA operates a full-service warehouse and distribution center supplying goods and services to the convenience store industry
IT Systems Administration
Reports to the IT Systems Manager
Maintains information technology systems, researching and implementing technological strategic solutions at all GHRA Properties.
Support the IT System Manager in design, planning and implementation of projects related to the server-side and client-side environments. Provides technical support that includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and equipment while ensuring optimal workstation performance. Maintain all the systems and users’ access to those systems. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training and assistance where required.
- Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring PC performance.
- Stay on top of new-hire orientation and setup. Maintain and audit all licenses-based system by active employee list.
- Work closely with HR, with all the IT on-boarding and off-boarding procedure.
- Actively manage Office365, users, shared mailbox and distribution groups.
- Manage and Admin the users Active Directory, 8X8(VOIP), VPN and Access control System.
- Accurately document instances of hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future computer hardware needs.
- Support development and implementation of new computer projects and new hardware installations.
- Assist in development of business continuity and disaster recovery plans, maintain current knowledge of plan executables, and respond to crises in accordance with business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Liaise with, and provide training and support to, end users and staff on computer operation and other issues.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user workstation hardware, networked peripheral devices, and networking hardware products.
- Where required, install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot associated end user workstation software and networking software products.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex PC problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective hardware solutions, including off-site repair as needed.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding PC and/or hardware problems.
- Construct, install, and test customized configurations based on various platforms and operating systems.
- If necessary, liaise with third-party support and PC equipment vendors.
- Responsible for software license management
- Provides IT operations functions to offices for the organization’s standard hardware, software and voice/data network solutions.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, and performs other duties as assigned.
- Provide support for other company functions.
Experience and Skills:
Must be proficient in the installation, management, and troubleshooting of the following technologies:
|Windows Server 2008||Windows 8||Linux Administration|
|Windows Server 2012||Windows 10||WAP& RFID standards|
|Enterprise MFP devices||Appliance and Software VPN connectivity||Dell HardwareMicrosoft Active Directory|
- Must have a strong dedication to customer service
- Training ability/experience a plus
- Analyze situations, evaluate alternatives, and implement solutions within standards (where applicable)
- Interpret guidelines and analyze factual information to adapt or modify processes in response to changing circumstances
- Duties may require non-routine analysis, research and follow-through
- May act as a resource to others to solve problems.
- Exercise independent judgment. Work affords significant opportunity to act independently on assigned tasks.
- Consistently demonstrate professional, positive, and approachable attitude/demeanor and discretion. Demonstrate sensitivity in handling confidential information.
- Duties are performed under minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 to 3 years related experience or equivalent combination
- Professional certifications as appropriate
- Knowledge of current trends in the specific field
- Experience with standard software applications, including MS Office, Windows. Ability to manipulate, analyze and interpret data.
- Work requires ability to lift 50 to 80 pounds on a regular basis. Work may require moderate physical exertion and/or physical strain
- Ability to work under stress during peak workload periods
- Work environment involves only infrequent exposure to disagreeable elements.
Number of Openings: 1
Starting Date: Immediate
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. Responsibilities are subject to change.