The Greater Houston Retailers Cooperative Association, Inc. is one of the leading independent convenience store cooperatives in the Nation. GHRA provides many benefits and values to its members. GHRA operates a full service warehouse and distribution center supplying goods and services to the convenience store industry.
Reports to the Inventory Supervisor
The Inventory Specialist will be primarily responsible for providing data, analytical support, and physical cycle count to the Inventory Supervisor.
The Inventory Specialist will work hand in hand with the inventory team to ensure GHRA maintains accuracy within item attributes for the warehouse, the OOS report, order selecting variances, customer returns and the cash n carry operation with effective problem solving. This position will be responsible for resolving inventory related issues such as, inventory counts, maintaining expiration spreadsheet, systematically moving inventory that affect retail operations, GHRA members, category managers, and floor personnel.
- Assist with identifying SKU discrepancy’s in our master file daily
- Assist with synchronizing data across GHRA’s systems
- Run a daily “Zero Shipped Report” and create count group(s) to support the outbound process
- Audit the pallet module
- Maintain and update inventory records
- Reconcile inventory discrepancies
- Resolve zero shipped items that are in stock
- Provide slow moving inventory reports to the procurement team / inventory supervisor
- Effectively manage short dated products out to C n C
- Assist the Procurement team with inbound PO discrepancy’s
- Must be able to work Flexible hours, Saturday to Wednesday / Sunday to Thursday. Schedules can change based on Inventory Supervisors needs (example: 7pm to 4am)
- Perform all duties requested by Inventory Supervisor
- Log all adjustment by reason
- 20% use of a forklift
Experience and Skills:
- Microsoft Excel/Word/PowerPoint working knowledge
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent planning skills
- Ability to multi task effectively
- Cross functional experience
- Knowledge of RF scanners
- Mathematical and analytical skills
- 1+ years’ experience in consumer goods
- May be standing or sitting for extend period of times
- Occasional light travel
- Extended period of time working in front of computer monitor
Number of Openings: 1
Starting Date: Immediate
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. Responsibilities are subject to change.