The Greater Houston Retailers Cooperative Association, Inc. is one of the leading independent convenience store cooperatives in the nation. GHRA provides many benefits and values to its members. GHRA operates a full service warehouse and distribution center supplying goods and services to the convenience store industry.
Environmental Health and Safety Manager
Reports to Vice President of Warehouse and Distribution
As the Environmental Health and Safety Manager you will support the GHRA Warehouse/Distribution Center. You may occasionally be asked to support any of the 2,000+ independent member stores by offering best practices and recommendations to their safety and environmental management efforts. You ensure all employees comply with company policies by performing regular audits of company programs. You are aware of all applicable federal, state, and local safety and environmental laws and regulations.
The Environmental Health and Safety Manager will create a behavioral based safety culture, manage the health, safety, and environmental risks, and ensure compliance with all Local, State, and Federal regulations applicable to GHRA Warehouse and Distribution Center.
- Champion an action-oriented culture with a sense of urgency to identify and appropriately manage the safety and environmental risks at all office, warehouse, and company store facilities
- Maintain documented corrective action plans to include regulatory issues, near-miss events, accident, and injuries
- Conduct incident investigations and utilize audit plan and metrics to assess progress and the effectiveness of the corrective actions
- Communicate processes and tools to promote sharing of lessons learned from safety and environmental incidents and corrective actions
- Identify training needs and deliver training to management and employees while soliciting feedback to improve existing programs or create new ones
- Ensure compliance with regulations published by OSHA and state occupational safety agencies
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with local regulatory agencies that affect the business including City, Fire, CUPA, and local OSHA personnel
- Work with Human Resource team to drive compliance through a safety performance management program
- Provide information and analysis in support of any administration, action or hearing, lawsuit or regulatory action involving safety/injury and EHS matters on behalf of the company
- Maintain a good working knowledge of the physical security systems to including closed-caption television and alarm and fire protection systems and consistently use these tools to detect, investigate and resolve problems associated with acts of dishonesty, safety, or exposure to loss.
- Identify, reduce, and eliminate leading loss drivers for worker injury and workers compensation claims.
- Coordinate and deliver employee annual refresher & new hire training required by all regulatory agencies (OSHA, EPA, DOT, etc.).
- Has responsibility pertaining to the reporting, recordkeeping, management, and follow-up of Workers’ Compensation claims.
- Maintain relationship with workers compensation, medical resources, and Safety Organizations to establish systems which provide appropriate care for associates and supports the needs of the business.
- Compile, analyze, and distribute weekly, monthly, and quarterly safety reports to site management.
- Develop and administer a facility Safety Incentive Program in collaboration with facility management and provide monthly reports.
- Provide managers/supervisors the necessary training to obtain detailed descriptions, corrective actions and follow through to ensure corrective actions are implemented related to accidents, near misses, injuries, or property damage.
- Assist supervisors in all accident investigations and ensure proper documentation and follow-up is executed to completion.
- Serve as Chairman for Safety Committee and facilitate monthly responsibilities to all members and manage monthly multi-layered audit.
- Develop annual safety plans which adequately budget for, and address, the changing needs of the business.
- Provide managers with ongoing feedback on H&S compliance, employee training goals and objectives.
- Other duties as requested.
- Builds relationships and motivates team to share ideas openly
- Shares best practices inside and outside of the Core Team
- Demonstrates a sense of personal urgency and energy to achieving results
- Helps the organization strengthen the processes to deliver speed, quality, and responsiveness to the customer
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building, decision-making, planning, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Ability to uphold initiatives to reduce health and safety losses by enforcing effective health and safety policies
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, work well under pressure, take initiative, and be flexible and cooperative
- Strong utilization of organizational skills with high attention to detail and emphasis on quality
- Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with variety of individuals at all levels within the organization
Experience and Skills:
- 5+ years of safety related experience
- 5+ years of experience supporting warehouse and/or distribution center operations.
- Experience in driving culture change and implementing procedures and best practices in a warehouse and/or distribution environment
- Compliance audit experience required
- First Aid, CPR, OSHA 500 certification preferred
- Knowledge of EHS legislation, regulation, and compliance in the retail, and/or warehouse environment
- Experience in implementing systems to manage EHS warehouse and/or distribution center operational risks.
- Experience in communicating with Federal, State and Local Authorities regarding EHS issues.
- Bachelor’s degree (prefer EHS sciences, Engineering, or Engineering Technology)
- Certified Safety Professionals (CSP) or certification from an equivalent agency.
- Warehouse: Freezer (-20F to 0F)
- Warehouse: Grocery Warehouse (50F to 90F)
- Frequently required to stand, walk, or sit
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Continually required to talk or hear and use visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information and use a keyboard
- Frequently required to lift/push/carry items up to fifty pounds
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions
- Frequently exposed to loud noise (examples: forklifts, large trucks)
- Specialized equipment, machines, or vehicles used: battery powered pallet jacks, batter powered lift trucks, hand trucks, & lift-gates
Number of Openings: 1
Available: Afternoons, evenings, and weekends
Starting Date: Immediate
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. Responsibilities are subject to change.