The Greater Houston Retailers Cooperative Association, Inc. is one of the leading independent convenience store cooperatives in the nation. GHRA provides many benefits and values to its members. GHRA operates a full service warehouse and distribution center supplying goods and services to the convenience store industry.
Reports to Front-End Supervisor
Responsible for taking extra care of customers by satisfying every customer’s specific needs, going beyond their expectations, and making each shopping visit enjoyable and a pleasing experience.
Provides carryout and package pickup service, loading goods into the customer vehicles and returning all shopping carts into the store.
- Bag / Box groceries and other items
- Work in tandem with the cashier to efficiently manage all purchases
- Carry bags in a cart to a customer’s car upon request
- Help the customer load goods into their car
- Ensure that the bags are not too heavy to carry for the customer
- Collect shopping carts and baskets and deliver them to the right place
- Return grocery items left at checkout counters to their rightful places
- Greet customers and assist them with item location
- Maintain parking lot cleanliness
- Monitor bag / box supplies and replenish supplies when low
- Remove unwanted items from the cashier stand and return them to the appropriate area
Experience and Skills:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be able to frequently lift 25 pounds and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
- Good communications skills
- Demonstrates strong people skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Prolonged lifting and walking
- Must be able to handle fluctuated temperature i-e Inside Cooler, Outdoor if necessary
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Number of Openings: 2
Starting Date: Immediate
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. Responsibilities are subject to change.