The Greater Houston Retailers Cooperative Association, Inc. is one of the leading independent convenience store cooperatives in the Nation. GHRA provides many benefits and values to its Members. GHRA operates a full-service warehouse and distribution center supplying goods and services to the convenience store industry.
Reports to the Operations Manager
Accountable for providing customer service, secretarial, clerical, and administrative support with the purpose of ensuring that the company’s front office is functioning in an effective and efficient manner.
Responsible for handling front office reception and administration duties, including greeting customers and guests and answering phones, handling company inquiries, and sorting and distributing mail. The position is also responsible for supporting the Customer Service Department. Administration duties are from 8:30-12:30 pm and the Customer Service Department from 1 pm-5 pm.
- Answers telephones, routes calls, takes messages, and provides general information
- Greets and directs visitors; answers routine inquiries
- Contacts various staff members to assist guests as needed
- Routes incoming mail
- Distributes correspondence and other material to appropriate individual
- Performs a variety of routine typing assignments
- Drafts basic correspondence, enter data, and print letters, labels, reports, and/or other materials
- Copies materials as requested
- Sends facsimiles
- Establishes, maintains, processes, and/or updates files, records, and other documents.
- Schedules appointments, meetings, and conferences
- Orders, stocks, and/or distributes office supplies
- Operate office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines, voice mail systems and personal computers
- Performs routine and scheduled maintenance of office properties
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested
Experience and Skills:
- 1 – 2 years of front desk/service desk/receptionist experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficient in mathematics
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, Power Point and Word
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, energetic, and highly organized
- Fluent in English
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- May be standing or sitting for extend period of times
- Extended period of time working in front of computer monitor
- Some days of prolonged walking
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Number of Openings: 1
Starting Date: Immediate
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. Responsibilities are subject to change.