The GHRA Warehouse Transportation, LLC is a Transportation company that services one of the leading independent convenience store cooperatives in the nation. GHRA Warehouse Transportation provides many benefits and values to its members. GHRA Warehouse Transportation supports a full-service warehouse and distribution center supplying goods and services to the convenience store industry.
Transportation Lead (Sunday – Thursday)
Reports to the Transportation Manager
The Transportation Lead will primarily be responsible for supervising the day-to-day activities of the transportation department.
Transportation Lead will manage, supervise, and monitor fleet operations. The lead will also supervise workloads, schedules, delivery processes, route deliveries, and other related transportation functions as it relates to daily operations. The lead will communicate service issues, safety concerns, training needs and driver improvements. The Transportation lead coordinates with supporting departments to maintain company operational and service expectations, while championing Customer service goals of the organization. The lead will maintain and manage all databases relating to transportation activities. And ensure compliance of all DOT safety standards along with the proper maintenance of vehicles.
Driver Related Responsibilities:
Ensure drivers are:
- clocking in within their required start times and in proper uniform.
- Perform routing of deliveries
- performing proper pre-trips, including having their license and DOT medical card.
- checking their paperwork matches their route, including having the correct pallets and cold totes.
- logging into their route tablets, electronic logs books, and connected to their units.
- departing the yard within the departure time limit.
- following delivery procedures at stops, such as counting tobacco, grocery, and cold totes.
- arriving at and departing from delivery stops in their tablets.
- filling out PODs and taking pictures of PODs with their tablets.
- meeting their stop time requirement at all stops.
- giving suitable customer service and relating any problems to dispatch.
- unloading their trucks upon return to yard.
- completing proper post trip.
- returning empty totes and returns with RMA specialist.
- returning their keys, PODs, and placing their tablets on charging stand.
- clocking out within the required time frame.
- Perform every other duties as required by management
DOT Related Responsibilities:
- Ensure full compliance with FMCSA and DOT Policies.
- Confirm DOT/FMCSA and safety regulations are followed per driver, including monthly safety meetings
- Perform audits on drivers, DVIR Process, ELD Logs.
- Coordinate and participate in the presentation of training programs for DOT Requirements.
- Conduct performance reviews and take appropriate progressive disciplinary action, as necessary.
- Scheduling drivers for DOT Physicals, pre-employment, random, and post-accident drug screenings.
- Maintain driver DOT Files.
- Ensure all company meet DOT requirements before departing from warehouse.
Operational Related Responsibilities:
- Maintain Fuel card readiness and proper maintenance of fuel receipts.
- Track drivers schedule delivery times, out of route miles, and tablet performance.
- Work closely with the drivers on equipment requirements (including PM’s, communication on repairs needed, fuel cards, etc.)
- Maintain company vehicle keys.
- Create and assign driver routes.
- Recovery of PODs that are damaged, missing, or left at customer and deliver to accounting.
- Scheduling and logging vehicle maintenance with 3rd party repair vendors.
- Auditing vehicles for accident and driver abuse damaged.
- Supervising, routing, and assigning drivers for promo tobacco deliveries.
- Provide daily recaps.
- Review driver dash camera for safety compliance take appropriate progressive disciplinary action, as necessary.
- Monitor driver attendance and take appropriate progressive disciplinary action.
- Review and monitor drivers’ suggestions or complaints and take appropriate action.
- Fill in as a back-up driver when needed.
- Must be able to work flexible hours/shifts as business needs changes.
Experience and Skills:
- Class A CDL Required
- Microsoft Excel/Word/PowerPoint working knowledge.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Maven, Samsara, GHRA Dashboard, TA, My Route Online, Fuelman Ifleet, DISA, Pro-tread Training Software, and LYTX knowledge.
- Ability to multitask effectively.
- May be standing or sitting for extend period of times.
- Able to lift/push a minimum of 50 lbs.
Number of Openings: 1
Starting Date: Immediate
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. Responsibilities are subject to change.