The Greater Houston Retailers Cooperative Association, Inc. is one of the leading independent convenience store cooperatives in the Nation. GHRA provides many benefits and values to its members. GHRA operates a full-service warehouse and distribution center supplying goods and services to the Greater Houston Retailers Cooperative Association, Inc. is one of the leading independent convenience store cooperatives in the Nation. GHRA provides many benefits and values to its members. GHRA operates a full-service warehouse and distribution center supplying goods and services to the convenience store industry.
The Senior Merchandising Analyst provides support for GHRA’s Merchandising team including the collection and interpretation of performance statistics and other performance data to derive actionable insights, as well as providing leadership and effective management of the Merchandising support roles.
This important position supports Merchandising’s strategic planning and direction-setting by ensuring the best analytical practices and techniques are used to guide recommendations to improve performance at GHRA member’s stores through the application of analytical skills to evaluate and interpret multi-faceted and complex data
- Lead the Merchandising Support team including oversight of the Pricebook Manager, Planogram Specialist and Data Management Specialist roles.
- Synchronize data across GHRA’s systems, including supplier-provided and syndicated industry data
- Perform analysis by gathering and interpreting members’ purchase data for GHRA warehouse and direct-store-delivery suppliers, as well as members’ sales data (scan data), looking for patterns and trends applicable to promotional and pricing activity, current market conditions and trends, product mix, etc.
- Engage in pre and post business analysis, tracking and reporting on the status of all proposal components and promotional activities
- Contribute to analysis and development of recommendations for space and assortment planning, planogram updates and related processes to improve category performance – sales, profitability and merchandise turns
- Draw conclusions based upon gathered data and make recommendations on how the team should proceed
- Develop analytical tools to understand how new initiatives impact various merchandising levers that drive top and bottom line, traffic, conversion, and loyalty
- Rework data into charts, graphs, dashboards and reports as needed to support Merchandising team and Senior Management
- Work inter-departmentally as needed to develop and execute proper data storage
- Work closely with Members Services team to develop and maintain educational resources that will help members gain an understanding of their customer and help them drive their business by defining as-is and gap analysis, devising plan to close gaps.
- Leverage supplier-provided analytics and consumer insights
- Track KPI’s for marketing & merchandising team
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
- 5+ years of merchandising and data analysis experience
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of the C-store product mix, supply base, and retail operations
- Understands customer, market, and industry trends and emerging challenges
- Proven ability to take complex business analyses and projects from concept to completion and make results accessible and relevant to business users at all levels
- Demonstrates advanced analytical skills
- Demonstrates advanced ability in the implementation and use of various retail software solutions: POS, pricing, assortment, etc
- Advanced to expert skills in Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrates advanced interpersonal communication skills and levels of tact, diplomacy and confidentiality
- Integrates trends, data and information into forecasts, plans, models and recommendations
- Strong written, presentation, and verbal communication skills are essential; organization, creative problem-solving, and continuous improvement mentality are key qualities for success in this position
- Bachelor’s degree
- Requires little physical effort.
- Able to play a key and influential role working with others, in groups, in cross-functional settings and with diverse stakeholders internally and externally
- Models GHRA’s core values and is commitment to customer service
- Undergo pre-employment screenings, including a background check and a drug test according to applicable laws
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. Responsibilities are subject to change