The Greater Houston Retailers Cooperative Association, Inc. is one of the leading independent convenience store cooperatives in the nation. GHRA provides many benefits and values to its members. GHRA operates a full-service warehouse and distribution center supplying goods and services to the convenience store industry
Reports to the IT Director
Develop PHP applications for internal and external use to a high coding standard and using security best practices in a custom framework.
Develop and maintain new and existing PHP applications with a focus on understanding and meeting user needs, security, and coding best practices all while setting and meeting deadlines.
- Build efficient, testable and reusable PHP modules.
- Build user interfaces to the standards and look/feel of the existing environment.
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges.
- Offer direction and insight into building a development workflow (Development -> Testing -> Staging -> Production)
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Performs other duties as assigned
Experience and Skills:
- Must have a strong dedication to customer service
- Understanding the fully synchronous behavior of PHP
- Understanding of MVC design patterns
- Knowledge of object-oriented PHP programming
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- Strong knowledge of the common PHP or web server exploits and their solutions
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Familiarity with limitations of PHP as a platform and its workarounds
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Familiarity with SQL/NoSQL databases and their declarative query languages
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git, Subversion
- Flexibility and ability to work with legacy/non-standardized code and refactor for use in a modern environment.
- Duties may require non-routine analysis, research and follow-through
- May act as a resource to others to solve problems
- Exercise independent judgment. Work affords significant opportunity to act independently on assigned tasks
- Consistently demonstrate professional, positive, and approachable attitude/demeanor and discretion. Demonstrate sensitivity in handling confidential information
- Some general non-development IT tasks (User Admin/Training/Support)
- Duties are performed under minimal supervision
Must have expertise/exposure-to using and troubleshooting of the following technologies:
- Bachelor’s degree or 3 to 5 years related experience or equivalent combination
- Professional certifications as appropriate
- Knowledge of current trends in development
- Experience with standard software applications, including MS Office, Windows. May require database management skills with ability to produce reports. Ability to manipulate, analyze and interpret data
- Requires little physical effort.
- Requires the employee to stand, walk, use hands, tools, controls, reach with arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; sit; use hands; read; talk or hear.
- Ability to work under stress during peak workload periods
- Work environment involves only infrequent exposure to disagreeable elements
Number of Openings: 1
Starting Date: Immediate
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. Responsibilities are subject to change.