The Greater Houston Retailers Cooperative Association, Inc. is one of the leading independent convenience store cooperatives in the nation. GHRA provides many benefits and values to its members. GHRA operates a full-service warehouse and distribution center supplying goods and services to the convenience store industry.
Field Consultant (Field-Based Position)
Reports to VP of Retail
A field consultant observes an organization’s current functioning and meets with corporate leaders and key stakeholders to strategize ways to improve it. The consultant also revisits the organization to see how well it’s progressed and identify challenges that may have occurred. Field Consultant helps the organization enhance its operations and reach its goals. In this position, the field consultant will manage multiple locations in a city or region.
The Field Consultant ensures customer satisfaction, quality of product and services, and provides members with business solutions. You will advise our members and assist with communicating and collaborating with distributors, vendors, and manufacturers on how to partner more effectively and improve profitability for all parties. Understand & evaluate our member’s strengths, weaknesses, financials, technology, initiatives, opportunities, and limitations within their defined territory. Achieve or exceed sales targets and key performance indicators. Representatives will monitor our member’s outlets on a monthly basis and take action to keep customers within terms of agreed upon contracts/programs. Member service representatives will make data-driven recommendations on item selection, rebate potential, plan-o-grams, programs, and promotional planning or distribution guidelines consistent with our stock and GHRA programs.
As a field consultant, its responsibilities are to observe a franchise or group and advise on how to develop and improve customer services, sales, and operational strategies. You help to research new merchandizing opportunities, creating promotional material, and providing directives from the corporate office about sales goals, performance benchmarks, and new processes. You visit each location in your region frequently to monitor progress and address issues.
- Achieve and/or exceed strategic sales growth metrics
- Responsible for strategically planned sales calls with retail customers
- Communicate on an agreed upon frequency with members through phone calls, e-mail, letters, and onsite meetings
- Ensure GHRA stores execute promotional activity and merchandizing requirements per GHRA Corporate and Warehouse retail agreements
- Execute required surveys accurately & efficiently
- Coordinate store re-merchandizing with Reset Team, Vendors and GHRA Members
- Meet with members to consult on category insights, data analytics, and all GHRA’s business solutions
- A primary focus will consult with our members, ensuring we are providing all the program services and value promised
- Sell GHRA new business concepts in assigned accounts that include Direct-Store-Delivery, Technology, Beverage, Food service solutions, and all GHRA products & sales initiatives
- Inspecting and ensuring all the member requirements are being satisfied for GHRA programs and agreed upon merchandizing planograms
- Review item selections versus the industry/market/competition and use suggestive selling techniques for data-driven recommendations
- Implement new business concepts in the direction of the Member Services Manager and GHRA
- Ensure that GHRA merchandise is labeled, fronted, priced, stocked, and rotated appropriately
- Advising members of inactive, OOS, discontinued, and/or replacements items while also monitoring plus-outs and promotional products
- This individual should possess strong organizational skills, time management, and sales consulting & solution-based selling skills
- This position has additional duties; special projects may be assigned
- Analyzing observations and research findings to recognize areas in need of improvement
- Compiling a checklist of items an organization can complete to accomplish its objectives
- Developing new onboarding procedures for recently hired employees
- Leading recruitment processes to attract talented job candidates
- Recommending ways to restructure the hierarchy of roles within the organization
- Delegating responsibilities to different employees based on their roles
- Suggesting techniques to boost customer and client satisfaction ratings
- Advising organizational leaders about establishing goals and milestones
- Providing instructions to enhance the organization’s promotional initiatives
Experience and Skills:
- 21+ years of age.
- 2+ years of sales and/or customer service experience in convenience store/CPG industries
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Flexible schedule; able to travel as required.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Candidates must pass a background check, drug screen and other job requirements.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Good communications skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
· High school diploma or GED, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- May be driving, standing, or sitting for extend period of time
- Able to lift, carry, and lower totes weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Occasional light travel
- Extended period of time working in front of computer monitor
- Some days of prolonged walking
Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance after completion of 60-days
Industry-leading 401(k) with up to 4% company match starts on your 60th day.
Personal Holidays (floating days), vacation time (PTO), educational assistance/training programs.
$40 Monthly Cell Phone.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Starting Date: Immediate
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. Responsibilities are subject to change.