The Greater Houston Retailers Cooperative Association, Inc. (GHRA), is a recognized independent cooperative for convenience stores in Greater Houston Area. GHRA extends a wide array of benefits and advantages exclusively to its members. With a comprehensive warehouse and distribution center, fuel distribution services, branded food service, and a branded c-store concept, GHRA serves as the ultimate all-in-one solution for the convenience store industry. As a specialized fuel distributor, GHRA focuses on offering unbranded fuel options renowned for their exceptional quality and competitive pricing.
Director of Fuels
Reports to Chief Executive Officer
The Director of Fuels is a senior leadership role responsible for overseeing and managing all aspects of the fuels department within an organization. This role involves strategic planning, operational management, and ensuring compliance with industry regulations and standards. The Director of Fuels is responsible for developing and executing strategies to optimize fuel sourcing, storage, distribution, and pricing to meet the company’s objectives and maintain a competitive edge in the market.
- Develop and implement long-term strategic plans for the fuels department, aligned with the organization’s overall goals and objectives. Identify market trends, assess potential risks and opportunities, and make informed recommendations to drive business growth.
- Establish and maintain relationships with fuel suppliers, negotiate contracts, and ensure a reliable and cost-effective fuel supply chain. Monitor market conditions, pricing fluctuations, and geopolitical factors to optimize procurement strategies and minimize risks.
- Oversee the management of fuel storage facilities, ensuring compliance with safety regulations, environmental standards, and industry best practices. Develop and implement efficient distribution strategies to meet customer demands while minimizing transportation costs and maximizing operational efficiency.
- Analyze market trends, competitor pricing, and demand-supply dynamics to set competitive fuel prices. Develop pricing strategies that maximize revenue while considering market conditions and customer preferences. Monitor pricing performance and make adjustments as necessary.
- Stay updated on industry regulations, safety standards, and environmental requirements related to fuels. Ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, such as fuel quality standards, emissions controls, and transportation regulations.
- Lead and manage a team of fuel professionals, providing guidance, mentorship, and support. Foster a collaborative and high-performance culture, promote professional development, and ensure adequate resources and training opportunities are available for team members.
- Develop and manage the fuels department budget, monitor expenses, and identify cost-saving opportunities. Prepare financial reports and forecasts, analyze financial performance, and provide recommendations for improving operational efficiency and profitability.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, such as operations, sales, and finance departments, to align fuel strategies with overall business objectives. Establish and maintain relationships with external stakeholders, including fuel suppliers, regulatory bodies, industry associations, and customers.
- Establish new customer accounts in accordance with GHRA Fuels’ credit policies and procedures.
- Prepare quotes and customer proposals with profitability, operational capacity, and supply chain factors taken into consideration.
Experience and Skills:
- Extensive experience in the fuels industry, with a proven track record of leadership and management in a similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of fuel procurement, storage, distribution, and pricing strategies.
- Strong understanding of industry regulations, safety standards, and environmental requirements related to fuels.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and strategic thinking abilities.
- Exceptional leadership and team management skills.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Financial acumen and experience in budgeting and financial analysis.
- Ability to adapt to changing market conditions and prioritize multiple initiatives.
- Demonstrated commitment to safety, environmental stewardship, and regulatory compliance.
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field. A master’s degree is preferred.
- May be driving, standing or sitting for extend period of times
- Able to lift, carry, and lower totes weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Some days of prolonged walking
Number of Openings: 1
Starting Date: Immediate
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. Responsibilities are subject to change.