The Greater Houston Retailers Cooperative Association, Inc. is one of the leading independent convenience store cooperatives in the nation. GHRA provides many benefits and values to its members. GHRA operates a full-service warehouse and distribution center supplying goods and services to the convenience store industry.
Reports to the Director of Operations
The Business Development Manager leads and develops the business services sector programs and manages all business service agreements. Engages in pre and post business analysis. Searches new offerings in the services field and designs new programs for the company
The Business Development Manager provides leadership and effective, efficient management of various services offered to the convenience retailer and their consumers. Includes items such as: financial
Services, Air and Water, Trash Pickup, cleaning service, power washing and more. This role is responsible for driving improved business service continuity across the membership and provide enhanced and new revenue stream to the company.
- Formulates standard/routine proposals in conjunction with management and other functional groups
- Develops a budget and price estimates using standard models
- Assists others in developing project plans, defining roles and responsibilities and the scope of work for intended projects
- Drafts the narrative that ties the project components together and package and assist in presenting the proposal to management
- Communicates back to internal groups the outcome of the negotiations/proposals focusing on conveying the expectations set forth for each group, i.e. clear details, critical timeframes and expectations
- Collaborates with the finance group to evaluate project performance and to recommend refinements and improvements of all components of proposals
- Tracks and reports on the status of all proposal components
- Establishes and maintains on-going Vendor relationships within the Member services sector including but not limited to:
- Facilities Services
- Credit Card Services
- Employment Services
- Legal and Tax Services
- Insurance Services
- Gathers intel on new services and products that apply for distribution
- Participates in activities needed to support the management functions of the role
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
- 3-5 years of experience in Business Research and Development
- 2-3 years of experience in Convenience Store Industry preferred
- Excellent analytical skills and insight
- Planning and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Should have an outstanding knowledge of business development
- Office and field work required
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. Responsibilities are subject to change.